Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Final Divorce Agreement 3 : Transportation

One thing we covered in our final agreement was who was in charge of transportation. Who picks up the child, who drops off the child, etc.

What we agreed on, and what I believe is pretty standard, is that the receiving parent picks the child up.  So, at the beginning of my ex's parent time visit he is in charge of coming to get the child. At the end when the visit is over, I am in charge of coming to pick up the child.

And you'd better be on time! Don't be late, and don't even be too early. Be respectful of the other parent's time. If you realize that traffic was light and you are way too early, go on a drive or something. This is just my personal opinion, and not a legal opinion.

Then, we also included where we pick up the child. At the residence or mutually agreed upon location. Now, realistically, I am pretty accommodating on this part. My ex has asked me to come pick her up from other locations once in a while and so far those have worked out.

There are tons of different transportation arrangements out there. Some pick up from the curb or from a different location all together, if one party is supervised then the terms of the supervision will affect the pickup. Etc. Etc. Etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment