Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Final Divorce Agreement 4 : Arrearage

Welcome back to the fourth installment of my Final Divorce Agreement Series! Woohoo!

Remember that I am not an attorney, these are based on my personal experiences.

My final divorce agreement has a little section in it called "Arrearage."


  1.  According to Merriam Webster, Arrearage refers to "something that is in arrears; especially :  something unpaid and overdue"





All the agreement says essentially is that neither of us owe the other any money as of the date of the agreement. The reason for this is that neither of us wanted the other to come back and try to claim that there was past money owed.

Now, realistically, there was past money due on the part of my ex. So we put a clause in another part of the agreement where he agreed to pay that amount, we put what it was for and that kind of detail. Which I will talk about at a future point.

No comments:

Post a Comment