Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Truth will out!

I looked it up!  "Truth will out" comes from Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice, according to http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/390200.html.  Basically, it means that the truth will not always be able to be hidden (even if it takes a LONG time).  Having gone through many court dates, miles of court paperwork, lawyers, and many other fun divorce experiences; I think my greatest piece of advice to give is to always tell the truth.  ALWAYS tell the truth.  I have found that truth is credibility, truth is lasting, and truth is real. 

I wish we could expect everyone to tell the truth.  I can't tell you how many times I've sat in a court room, listening to lies from the other side of the room.  It wouldn't be appropriate, but sometimes I have wanted to ask my ex and his lawyer to look me in the eye and then repeat what they just told the court.  However, as time has gone on, many of the lies have come to light.  Many of the truths have "out."  Lies in the courtroom and paperwork have been refuted in subsequent testimony.  Because when your story is false, it just won't match up.  Not forever.  And then you just hope and pray that the court takes into account the dozens of conflicting claims and stories.  That someone has got to realize, that after the other side has claimed I lied on a point, they eventually always end up proving what I said to be the truth.  Because the question then follows: If she has been right and told the truth about everything thus far, what else was she right about?

So, my friends in this awful world of divorce, make sure that at the end of your battle you can hold your head high.  That no matter what happens, you know you have told the truth.   

No comments:

Post a Comment