Thursday, November 5, 2015

Think about the kids

This scene from hope floats always has me reacting the same way. First, I get mad. How dare the best friend and husband have an affair! And then I tear up the moment I see the little girl crying in the audience. 




The whole, horrific scene goes by, Bullock's character gets her heart broken on television, her husband and best friend admit to having an affair, etc. etc. and you don't know until the end that the little girl has been sitting there the whole time.

Your kids are smart. They pick up on more than you think they do. Think before you speak, before you let them have a seat in an audience they shouldn't be in. They'll see enough as it is. 

I am always shocked at some of the things my ex and his wife do or say in front of my kid. Even just the things that I see. And then I'll get comments about what was seen later because kids notice things, and it doesn't always go over their heads.

I'm sure your kids are the same way.

Be aware.




No comments:

Post a Comment