Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Itemized Bills

Ooh, I hope you trust your lawyer. However, it is very nice when your lawyer sends you an itemized bill. It shows you what exactly they did on your case, what lawyer (if multiple are on your case) worked on it, for how long they worked on it, and what they are charging you for it.

There have been times that I was so glad I had an itemized statement. I had things go sour with my first law firm, and I was able to show them the statements they sent me full of errors (legal errors, things billed to me that weren't part of my case at all, things I had asked them not to do that they did anyway and charged me for it, a lawyer that padded his time like crazy. He would put 30 or 40 minutes for the same meeting that two other lawyers put 10 minutes for.). There was a lot more to it than that, but it gives you an idea of the importance of itemized statements. It was such an asset to have.




No comments:

Post a Comment