Monday, May 23, 2016

If you don't want kids, don't date me

Finding that special someone can be complicated. But, let me set one record straight:

It is ok to not want to date someone with kids.

Did you hear me? It's ok!

Taking on kids is a huge responsibility. Financially, emotionally, mentally, etc. If someone isn't ready or prepared for that, they shouldn't jump into that kind of situation.

And I would rather be treated truthfully than led on.

I don't take it personally, I don't get offended, and I don't get angry.

I was asked by a friend a while ago if she could set me up on a blind date with a guy who I kind of knew. From what I knew about him, I was excited to be set up on the date and said yes. However, a week or so later, my friend said that he wasn't interested right now.

Was it because I am divorced? Was it because I am a parent?

Who really knows what all. But I have no problem with it. More like, if you aren't interested, thanks for not wasting my time.

Straight forward.

If you know you are the wrong guy for me and my situation, that is ok. I'm not looking for the wrong guy, I'm looking for the right guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment