Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Divorce is not fashionable

I am always surprised at how many divorce blogs try to make divorce seem sexy and fashionable.

Like, just because your marriage fell apart you are suddenly cool?

No. No, no, no.

There is a difference between "I am divorced and thus I am going to go on a journey to rediscover the things I love", and the complete opposite viewpoint of "I am divorced and thus I am awesome by default."

Divorce is sad. And if you are cool, it has nothing to do with your dissolution of marriage.

Divorce should be abhorred, not looked at like a pass to the popular table.

After you spend gobs and gobs of money, have worry after worry after worry, and are introduced to our "simple" court system, you might realize how UNCOOL divorce actually is.

Sometimes it is necessary. And sometimes divorce can lead to good things. That is why it exists at all. But divorce itself is not fun. It is not cool, and it is not awesome. And it is definitely not sexy.


What do you think? Are you cool because of your divorce? Or in spite of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment