Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Sharing-info log

I hate logs. With a passion.

But I absolutely love what logs can accomplish. With a passion.

They are a pain to keep up, but they can be a life saver in a legal battle. Or just as a way to remember exactly what happened and when.

The log I want to talk about today is the "Sharing Information Log."


What: A log to track every time you share information with your ex

Why: Because sometimes exes like to claim that they are being kept out of the loop


I can say, "Yes. I did tell you about the tuba recital, on December 1st. In an e-mail." And it is easy for me to remember that because I put it in my sharing information log. And then I go to my e-mail log and pull out the e-mail I sent him.

I can say, "Yes. I did tell you about the medication the doctor prescribed. In a text message on December 1st." and then I pull the text from the e-mail log.

I WOULD NOT actually say it to my ex like I just put above. That sounds confrontational. But my point to you is to point out the information I can know from my log.


On the flip side, I also make notes about when I ask my ex about something and never get an answer. Or get an answer that is proved untrue.

This whole sharing information thing can go both ways and depends greatly on your custody arrangement, situation. etc.

But get your ducks in a row and if you need to for your situation, keep track of the information you share. And if you need to, the information your ex doesn't share.

If it is an issue, you have to document it.

(Remember I am not an attorney, and this is not advice for you specifically. This is purely my thoughts on what I have learned and my personal opinion. Consult a lawyer for your own situation.)

No comments:

Post a Comment