Friday, April 29, 2016

Remember the kids can hear you



I had never seen this deleted scene from Mrs. Doubtfire before. I think I agree with Today EXTRA that the movie was better without it.

Now, I agree with the mom in that it would honestly be disturbing if you found out that your ex had been dressing up as a woman to come and clean your house and watch your kids.

And, frankly, the kids would need to know that that isn't normal. Or healthy.

But, whatever the case. Whether you are right or not, think deep about whether it is something the kids should hear or not. Sometimes the kids may need to hear something, like that it isn't normal for their father to trick their mom into thinking he's a woman. But sometimes then it is very inappropriate for the kids to overhear something.

I am dealing with this constantly. My ex and his spouse are constantly saying or doing things that I want to say, "Hello! Hello! The kid can hear you!!! What are you thinking?"

Or the worst is when my kid expresses a concern and they brush it off or say that it is unfounded.

Children are human beings. Have some respect and know that they aren't just an impartial bystander. They can hear you!

No comments:

Post a Comment