Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Memories and pictures that make you sad, happy, or barf

So, I found an old sim-card full of pictures from before the divorce.  WAY before the divorce. WAY before I even started to have an inkling of all the problems we had.

Some of the pictures made me laugh. Things that I had done in college for class, I found a picture of a fake butler that I dressed up for a holiday once. It was one of those pop up card board characters that I put a white shirt and tie on. Haha!

Some of the pictures made me sad. Like, seeing a picture of the clock we got for a wedding present. Someone that loved us took the time to make us a clock with our picture in the middle. How cool is that? And unless my Ex kept it, that clock is long gone. I hope he didn't keep it. That would definitely be creepy . . .

And then I came across a picture of us kissing. And I wanted to barf.  Because you can only take so many YEARS of crap and trauma from someone.

But, I think having this range of reaction to memories is pretty common. Especially when your experiences with someone are so varied. It's like a roller coaster.

Do you find the same thing with pictures?

No comments:

Post a Comment